Where in the world are we?

With this blog I hope to communicate where we are and the opportunities we have had in traveling across America and around the world.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Do anything different lately?

Since I have last written, we have been to many different cities, towns, and states. Just last Sunday we were in the thumb of Michigan; Marlette to be exact. It was great, and very pretty. If you are interested, we stayed at a B & B...very quiet, great rooms, private baths, and yummy food. Let me know, and I'll send you the info.

We've been traveling a lot in Wisconsin this spring...which I admit I like. Since we live in Wisconsin it's nice to be close to home; not too much traveling.

A couple of weeks ago we did something different that we haven't ever done before, that I can remember! We drove in separate cars to our weekend ministry...Oneida, WI. We spoke at Oneida Assembly (Native American church) on Sunday and had a wonderful time. The people are so precious and made us feel welcome.

What was different? After our ministry in Oneida Bill drove north to go fishing with some friends and I drove south to stay a couple of days with my Mom. What was also unique about Bill's fishing trip was that pastor friends of ours from Florida and South Carolina came to central Wisconsin to fish at Popp's Resort. A beautiful place on the Peshtigo River flowage. These pastors (and others) used to fish in Canada but decided to try a new place. We had the blessing of staying at Popp's on two different occasions when ministering at churches in that area. The guys all had a great time, caught fish, and got a little sunburn in the process.

I, on the other hand, had a terrific time with my Mom. My sister came, too; so it was just us three women. We had a blast. Shopping, pedicure's, visiting, relaxing; just enjoying each others company.

One of the things the three of us did was go to my Dad's grave. I don't even like saying it, but it's part of our lives now. We placed a plant by his stone and then visited other graves of our family members. My dad's sister joined us, too; she gave us some insight on family history which we were glad to hear.

Sometimes not being together all the time ends up being okay. Though my husband and I missed each other terribly we both came away from the time relaxed and invigorated.

Yes, it was different and we probably won't do it for awhile, but it was a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment